Two of hearts, two hearts that beat as one...

2:34 PM


So, I am here to officially announce that I am PREGGERS.. I know, crazy right? I got to hear the baby's heartbeat yesterday (and no, i am not having twins!), it was pretty awesome to say the least. My estimated due date is 9-10-11, which happens to be my brother's birth date and yes, 2 days before Jax's own birth date. Now that's just an estimate, but how cool would that be and after all, Jax came right on his due date. And yes, we are planning on having another home birth with the same wonderful midwives we had for Jax.

So officially, I am almost 13 weeks pregnant (this saturday) and am now in my second trimester (well this varies. some say the start of the 14th week is the second trimester)!! Woo hoo. This time around, I did get morning (noon and night) sickness and was more tired than ever. This baby is already getting gypped. Not much fan fare and even Charlie said - I forget you are pregnant (which will come to an end as soon as I start showing). Which kinda irks me sometimes - because my body is working overtime and even more so because not only am I working full-time at the office, but at home too with Jax. And although I may not show it or complain much - I'm hurting here..not really hurting but man am i tired and sometimes all i want to do is absolutely nothing. I'm also feeling a bit sick lately and still get terrible headaches (one of the joys of pregnancy).

Anyway - As for the Baby - There are a lot of things going on this week! All twenty teeth have formed and are waiting (Teething is yet to come!). Baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce (28.3 grams). Consider that the placenta weighs about an ounce now as well.

Baby's intestines are migrating from the umbilical cord into his or her abdomen. The villi are also forming in the intestines, these help in peristaltic movements and digestion. The pancreas of the little one is even secreting insulin! Meconium, the baby's first stool, is developing. Fingerprints have formed baby's tiny fingertips, veins and organs are clearly visible through the still-thin skin, and baby's body is starting to catch up with his/her head — which makes up just a third of his/her body size now.

We are trying to decide whether or not we want to know the sex of the baby this time around...hmmmmmm. What do you think?

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. find out! i don't want to, but i want everyone else to! our tech took a guess at the 13w ultrasound last week, but i'm not sure if i want to know "for sure."

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, I'm so happy for you guys! If you are ambivalent about finding out the sex, ask the doctor to put the info in an envelope and wait on it until you're sure. My friends did this and she eventually tore the envelope open, while he waited until the birth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, i want to find out and then again i dont want to find out.

    @Katie - what was her prediction?

    @Sweet Lady - if I did do that - I would tear into in 2 seconds..i have no will power! I read on some other blog of a couple having the tech write it down for them and they took it to a baby store and asked the sales person to please purchase something for that gender and gift wrap it (in a gender neutral wrap of course) and to not tell them at all what it is....they saved it until Christmas (I'm assuming they were due in January?) where they opened it up in front of their family. It was cute.

    but ahhhhh..i think...i think..i am going to keep it a surprise but will still get the u/s just to know that the baby is healthy..i hope i can stick to that!

    ReplyDelete

Oooooh, I love me some comments. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...