What's in a name..

7:30 AM

So, since we've been asked a few times now on how we got the name, I thought I might as well make it into a post.

The thing is, we've always had the name Raima for a girl's name. When I was pregnant with Jax, and was thinking on names it was Paloma at first and then when I asked Charlie of any female family names he said - Raima..and I immediately fell in love with it. It happens to be his Grandmother's name who is celebrating her 90th birthday today. So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA RAIMA!

The funny thing about the whole name thing is, when we found out we were having a boy but decided to still tell Grandma Raima the fact that if it was a girl, we were going to name her after her and..she didn't really like it one bit. I think she asked - why would you do that to her? cause she never liked her name! She actually goes by Jean now, instead. A name she gave herself after tiring of being called baby Raima well into her teenage years. It is definitely a family name, as Grandma Raima's mom was also named Raima, and hence the reason for everyone to distinguish them by calling her baby Raima. So, now we have our own lil baby Raima.

Corazón is my Mom's name and even if we had a little boy this time around, it was still going to be used as part of his name. After all, in Spanish it is El Corazón, and masculine, right? And Luz, is Charlie's Mom's middle name that she chose for herself. So, Raima Corazón Luz Wagner it is..we think it's as lovely as she is.

So there you have it..that's how we came up with our little girl's name.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Oooooh, I love me some comments. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...